11 replies to this topic

#1 pooball

pooball

Bia2 Rookie

• Members:
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:45 AM

As I am sure there are many fans and practitioners of the sport of Mixed Martial Arts (otherwise known as Ultimate Fighting to some) within the Iranian community, I saw no topic on the issue in the sports forums. So here it is! Please tell us about your experience in any form of Martial Art whether it be Wrestling, Judo, Karate, Tae Kwan Do...etc. Are you a fan of the UFC? If so, what is your opinion on the growth of the sport and the direction of the UFC and who is your favorite fighter?

The picture I have attached below is of one of my favorite fighters, Gegard Mousasi. Mousasi is of Armenian descent but was born in Iran, he is the current WAMMA and Strikeforce Lightheavyweight champion and is a force to be reckoned with.

Attached Files

#2 Keano

Keano

***The Devilish King***

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,578 posts
  • Interests:Music,Soccer, Hocky, Gorgeous girls, Sex, Movies, Candle lights, romance, Tennis, Nature, Camping, Playstation and X Box and...

Posted 08 September 2009 - 05:55 PM

Hey Pooball and welcome aboard, I do like watching UFC and from time to time I watch them on TV. As a kid in back in Iran I got trained 6 months of Freestyle wrestling, according to my coach my body strength and stamina was real great, however I had to learn more techniques and add to my skills, he would say guaranteed if I kept at it and trained severely I could become a very huge wrestler! :haha::haha::haha:

My heart was 100% with soccer, so I quit wrestling and did pursuit my passion (Playing soccer) until we moved to Canada where there was little interest and passion for Soccer, unfortunately I steered away from the soccer passion and switched to Hockey.

keano405.png

#3 pooball

pooball

Bia2 Rookie

• Members:
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 10:16 PM

Thats great, I am also a big hockey fan, who's your team? Im a Canucks fan

#4 Keano

Keano

***The Devilish King***

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,578 posts
  • Interests:Music,Soccer, Hocky, Gorgeous girls, Sex, Movies, Candle lights, romance, Tennis, Nature, Camping, Playstation and X Box and...

Posted 09 September 2009 - 12:30 AM

Man I am a die hard Canucks fan! If you dig the old NHL threads in this board you'll see that we've had quite a few NHL fans here on this board. This last edition of NHL Canucks pissed me off in the playoffs though, I was really counting on them this time around!

Posted Image

keano405.png

#5 Coolfool9592

Coolfool9592

Bia2 Rookie

• Members:
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 07:40 PM

I think MMA was a good business move. People were getting tired of regular boxing, and wrestling is staged (not koshti but the entertainment version). It's good for a change of pace.

#6 pooball

pooball

Bia2 Rookie

• Members:
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 05:34 AM

in my opinion MMA is straight up taking over...boxing is on its last legs. all i see now is pacquiou vs cotto and mayweather vs marques thats it! for mma THERE ARE SO MANY FIGHTS OUT THERE just in this month alone

#7 Araam

Araam

Bia2 Trainee

• Members:
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:24 AM

Man I am a die hard Canucks fan! If you dig the old NHL threads in this board you'll see that we've had quite a few NHL fans here on this board. This last edition of NHL Canucks pissed me off in the playoffs though, I was really counting on them this time around!

Posted Image

Go Canucks GO!

مرگ بر جمهوري اسلامي

.خواهر گلم ندا، گلولهای که تو را کشت مرا زنده کرد

#8 Keano

Keano

***The Devilish King***

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,578 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 02:58 AM

LOL, let's see if this season we will go or not go just like usual! :D

keano405.png

#9 siyanor

siyanor

Bia2 Rookie

• Members:
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 06:18 AM

hi guys

i remember i logged in several months ago, and there was no typic here,lol.i love martial art,specially the type with out Wrestling , like K-1, muay thai.
Posted Image

#10 S H

S H

Bia2 Rookie

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:09 PM

I'm Not a huge fan of MMA or UFC, as compared to other people.
Believe it or not but I am actually more of a (closet) koshti kaj fan, TNA and before WWF/WCW!
I really liked Royce Gracie though and always thought Ken Shamrock was cool.
I have to admit, Don Frye staredowns are scarier than satan.
Right now I'd say Fedor is the best and I know he can whoop Lesnar's ass.
As for experience... well I was in TKD for two years when I was in junior high,
and right now I am in BJJ and Muay Thai.
I also got into a lot of fights and scuffles and have been jumped plenty in the not so distant past... I am not proud of that, but us young boys have to figure Shoot out the hard way sometimes. I hate violence, but self defense is my right so if someone swings I won't sweat messing him up.
These classes are great cardio especially if you do light weights at the gym.
I like the honor and respect in the dojo, its really nice, its sportive not vile.
And for all us good guys who never pick fights, but never back down, it's good knowledge for self-defense and for sportive purpose if you want to go pro.
I'm not good enough to go pro (yet), not really interested in it.
And I don't want to walk with a limp and have my face all fuglied.

Edited by S H, 26 October 2009 - 11:17 PM.

-| S. H. |-

#11 zachy82

zachy82

Bia2 Rookie

• Members:
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:25 AM

I am a MMA fanatic..and been practicing it for 2 years ..I would love to hear from those who have the same interests with me
MMA techniques
fighting techniques

#12 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 11:03 AM

"Swedish MMA and the Iranian factor"

http://www.bia2.com/pourya/?p=1974

“Everything interests me, but nothing holds me.” — Fernando Pessoa