789 replies to this topic

#781 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:17 AM

Happy to see Game of thrones is gonna get the packaging its worthy of!

http://img408.images...ssqplaa1500.jpg

Have ordered a bunch of HMV exclusive BD steelbooks, super 8, Drive (fantastic movie and price), Cowboys and Aliens, Captain America, and Rise of the Planet of Apes from play which is already sold out.

Pedram jan, if you havent seen Brotherhood of the Wolf its now available in UK for great price.

also I am considering giving Boarwalk Empire a seond chance on BD:

http://www.amazon.co...vglnk-uk-c82-21

“Everything interests me, but nothing holds me.” — Fernando Pessoa

#782 Omega

Omega

Bia2 Pro

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 04:55 PM

Wow that Game of Thrones set looks fabulous, as does the Boardwalk LE. Amazon UK have an exclusive Bonus disc for GoT, but unfortunately the packaging looks far inferior to one in the image you posted.

I've not seen Drive pourya jan, worth adding to my list then?

Today I picked up the truly fantastic BBC documentary "Frozen Planet" on BD, which compliments Human Planet and Planet Earth sets. Not had chance to assess the picture quality, but usually BBC are spot on with their transfers. If you are fan of such documentaries, I highly recommend the series.

#783 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:36 AM

Yeah Drive for that price is worth a pre-order pedram jan

I still havent got to watch my planet earth but thanks for the recommendation. also if you enjoyed another planet, you should check out Trier's Melancholia. I actually did not appreciate it first time but when it ended it got me thinking, much like Antichrist its a strange movie which takes time to digest and ponder.

#784 Omega

Omega

Bia2 Pro

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:19 AM

Thanks pourya jan, I'd heard of Melancholia only because I knew Kiefer Sutherland starred in it, but had no idea what the film was about. i've now checked the trailer and it looks very interesting indeed, so thanks for the recommendation. A certainty for BD!

#785 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:34 PM

A nice steelbook of Hurt Locker is now available for preorder in UK!

#786 Omega

Omega

Bia2 Pro

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:20 PM

To 3D-ification of Titanic is due for release in April at cinemas and May on BD. Have to say this is one of my most wanted films on BD, not really fussed with the 3D element, but would be nice if it translates nicely. I was 14 upon its original release, so naturally its teen romance element resonated with the adolescent in me. Even now I watch it and enjoy it after the gazillionth viewing!lol The soundtrack still gives me chills, the most beautifully composed OST of all time as far as I'm concerned.

Lets hope for a great HD transfer and supplementary package graces the BD set(s)...

#787 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:39 AM

Yesterday I had a relapse and ordered some rare Limited Editions from ebay worth 100 GBP!lol I have never watched Lion King but I just couldn't resist this out of print beautiful Korean steelbook incl the 3D version! I know that you Pedram jan are a huge fan of LK

#788 Omega

Omega

Bia2 Pro

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:08 AM

Pourya jan! That is an absolute beauty! Yes, I am a huge fan of the original film. Being a full-time student now, I have to pick and choose my BD's carefully. That is one I wouldn't hesitate at though.

Btw, this week I picked up the Game of Thrones BD set! :) Looking forward to starting it tonight! It's a very nice set too aesthetically.

#789 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:09 AM

I am happy to hear that Pedram jan, that is one great season to watch! In fact I ordered the jumbo US set earlier today from amazon, hope the UK edition is also a fancy boxset. The Swedish is just keepcase! I also ordered this The Town set which looks amazing:

even though I got the Drive steelbook I could not resist paying a high price for this candian edition on ebay!

#790 Omega

Omega

Bia2 Pro

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:48 AM

Love that Drive steelie pourya jan!
Well Game of Thrones is just phenomonal so far. Also, the picture quality is the best I've seen on BD for a TV series! Each frame is absolutely striking. Wasn't expecting this much T&A too :dance_baby_wft:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users