473 replies to this topic

#21 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:40 AM

i recall this song Pedram jan, good song but the long-haired guy's voice has the same effect on me as Akon's has on you!lol :haha:

“Everything interests me, but nothing holds me.” — Fernando Pessoa

#22 Omega

Omega

Bia2 Pro

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:54 AM

Hahahaha :))) I understand, imagine this guy Akon and Chavoshi as a collaboration :haha:

#23 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 04:39 PM

lol :))

Another piece of nostalgia, I am not big Stones fan but I love this decade old song and its video featuring a young Angelina Jolie!

#24 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:26 PM

my childhood heroes made a come back in the 90's with a new lineup and this, the last of their HITS!

#25 Omega

Omega

Bia2 Pro

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 02:42 AM

I loved Duran Durans early stuff, my mother is a big fan of theirs but was utterly dissapointed with "Red Carpet Massacre". What did you make of their most recent revival? I grew listening to them along with the awesome Queen...

#26 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 03:02 AM

Like Pet Shop Boys, Duran Duran changed style in the 90s and did not sound as catchy and instant anymore! I stopped listening to both, even though I still give each new album a chance nothing catches!

I like the late 80īs/90's queen, the early songs I just cant stand! But the older they became the more mature and mainstream the songs got! The Show Must Go On is the best queen song in my opinion, the last single which was very appropriate!

Frankie Goes To Hollywood is another fave act from the 80's! Both of their albums are great, even the second less known one! This political song is from that album!

#27 Omega

Omega

Bia2 Pro

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 03:35 AM

Agreed 100% pourya jan. The early Queeen was far too pompous and overly theatrical for my liking, the later stuff was much more mainstream focussed and desirable to my ears.

Frankie Goes to Holywood are often unfairly dismissed as one-hit wonders, i have one of their albums on Vinyl (i forget which one now!) but it was full of HITS. Shame they didn't go on for longer.

One of my fave artists from the 80s...

#28 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 04:44 AM

I think you have the debut "Welcome to the Pleasuredome", with one hit after the other! "Relax" (such a controversial and clever song!), "two tribes", "war (great cover)" and the title track! Does it have the original painting on or the censored group photo? the original one i have got the Picasso inspired orgy painting inside! :brows:

Posted Image

the Power of Love ballad is still one of the mightiest ballads ever made! Still gives me goosebumps!

Yeah that Collins song is a fave! I am not a fan of Collins ballads from early 90's like many are, I am more fan of the more upbeat Genesis inspired songs! Genesis is another band which's early songs I didn't like! The Gabriel era, yesterday I picked up a 2CD+1DVD digipak set of their HITS!

this is a big fave!

and of course this HUGE hit video!

this later one you can hear Collins own influences dominating!

#29 Omega

Omega

Bia2 Pro

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 05:39 AM

Yea that's the one pourya jan. It's been awhile since i checked my vinyls, they are boxed away in the attic somewhere hehe. But i do remember that drawing on the sleeve, it may have even been a black background though, i'm not sure. Unfortunately, i don't currently have a vinyl player, i need to invest in one because i have many great records in that format that i would love to re-visit!

Hehe, i have had a similar debate with a friend regarding Genesis' best days. I personally am a fan of Collins works rather than Gabriels. I think it has more to do with the fact that Collins became the lead when i got into them, Gabriel was alittle before my time. I was a fan of Gabriels solo efforts though, particularly the "So" album. I loved the myriad and diverse influences contained in it> one of my faves from the album, incidently never released as a single in the UK, but a MONSTER HIT in the US...

#30 Michellica

Michellica

Party Girl

• Members:
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,761 posts
  • Interests:music,travelling,books,photography,cinema and tv shows.

Posted 10 July 2009 - 03:17 PM

Awww Depeche Mode....

In videoclip e Pet Shop Boys too Milan kardan....zamane 80s "Paninaro" is a gergal definition of 80s rich guys in Milan....

Edited by Michellica, 10 July 2009 - 03:20 PM.

Posted Image

#31 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 04:14 PM

Yea that's the one pourya jan. It's been awhile since i checked my vinyls, they are boxed away in the attic somewhere hehe. But i do remember that drawing on the sleeve, it may have even been a black background though, i'm not sure. Unfortunately, i don't currently have a vinyl player, i need to invest in one because i have many great records in that format that i would love to re-visit!

Hehe, i have had a similar debate with a friend regarding Genesis' best days. I personally am a fan of Collins works rather than Gabriels. I think it has more to do with the fact that Collins became the lead when i got into them, Gabriel was alittle before my time. I was a fan of Gabriels solo efforts though, particularly the "So" album. I loved the myriad and diverse influences contained in it> one of my faves from the album, incidently never released as a single in the UK, but a MONSTER HIT in the US...

Yeah, I don't have a vinyl player either! sadly! I am waiting to get one when I settle down in a couple of years, right now the way I live and move its not practical! But vinyl is hot again these days! even the new albums get released as vinyl, sometimes twice the price of a CD! :eek_wft:

to be honest Pedram ja, I have a bot problem digesting Gabriel's voice! Dont know if its his Sledge Hammer that affected me negatively or not but it gives me a headache!lol

Nice ones Mona, Paninaro is a fave! That song was originally released as a MAXI version, then a single edit! This remake came in 95 as a flirt with Euro Disco!

My favorite Depeche album is "Music for the masses"! I have to pick up the remastered digipak soon, with the backsides and videos! Love this one!

#32 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 04:24 PM

This is another one of my favorite one hit wonders! Back in the 80's Michael Cretu aka ENIGMA wrote this song for the German singer Peter Schilling which became a huge hit in many European countries!

#33 Omega

Omega

Bia2 Pro

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 07:32 AM

Nice song pourya jan. I like what i've heard of Enigma themselves, great music. From what i understand the guys now focus purely on song-writing for others though.

I'm going to fast-forward to the 90s with a local band, that now went on to become an international phenomonan!

#34 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:11 PM

As i've mentioned here and in my blog before Pedram jan ENIGMA is a one-man act! :;):
http://www.bia2.com/pourya/?p=306
Enigma still releases own albums but continue producing for others as well.
http://www.bia2.com/pourya/?p=640

I remember this song and video! I love how the music, the lyrics and the video work together to tell this disturbing story and the mystery it leaves behind!

#35 Omega

Omega

Bia2 Pro

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:11 PM

Thats a fantastic song. I've never heard it before, love the melancholy and the violins. The type of sh*t i love!! Who are this "Therapy?", an Enigma production?

#36 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:28 PM

No, they are Irish! This song which doesnt sound like anything else that they've done was a huge intl hit back in 95!

http://www.therapyquestionmark.co.uk/

#37 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:39 PM

Norway's a-ha! another trio I grew up to! I love Morten's voice and their debut is filled with hits such as this which never leaves my player! So majestic!

youtube has removed the video :punishing_wft: so go here instead:

http://www.dailymoti...ng-high-and-low

#38 Michellica

Michellica

Party Girl

• Members:
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,761 posts
  • Interests:music,travelling,books,photography,cinema and tv shows.

Posted 13 July 2009 - 03:09 PM

My favorite Depeche album is "Music for the masses"! I have to pick up the remastered digipak soon, with the backsides and videos! Love this one!

Nice one..i like that song!

what about those.....

I LOVE that song:

Posted Image

#39 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 03:17 PM

I have always had a bit hard to digest The Cure's music! Not sure why!

Save A Prayer, one of my alltime favorites! And a beautiful video!

#40 Omega

Omega

Bia2 Pro

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,445 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 02:32 AM

Not really a fan of The Cure either myself, but the "Disintegration" album was genius. I preferred the dark and lush soundscapes explored with more emphasis on the keyboards. I still play it every so often when the mood strikes.

You're right pourya jan, that A-Ha album is an all time classic. It's amazing how today they are often remembered only for "Take On Me", because that album consisted of lots of HITS. I think that whole album captures the essence of the 80s for me, you can play it and immediately revisit the era.

btw, is that Lela Star in your avatar pourya?

A one hit wonder from the 90s that i used to love...

Edited by Omega, 14 July 2009 - 02:32 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users