• Please log in to reply
584 replies to this topic

#1 Siamak

Siamak

Αστροναύτη`

• Members:
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,101 posts
  • Interests:UFOs,Ducati,Real Madrid,Taj Tehran,Shemiran,Antique Auctions,Politic,Stars

Posted 09 October 2006 - 09:09 AM

Posted Image

You know something about ''CITIZEN KANE'' ?you have seen ''THE MALTESE FALCON''?that it has seemed you ''MIDNIGHT COWBOY ''? how about SINGIN' IN THE RAIN , CHINATOWN or TAXI DRIVER ?

I believe,maybe you heard about these movies and you watched them ! they are old but the best !

In this thread,i want to try to write more about movies (old and new). about actores/ess,their lives, soundtracks, directores and...

And also i want to try to write my opinions,reviews and other stuff which i know about this world.will be a big honor to share with you what i know.we can talk and discussion about all movies.

Do you know John Towner Williams ?He is one of the most widely recognized composers of film scores which i like a lot.

Posted Image

Williams is best known for heroic.This includes some of the highest grossing films of all time, such as Star Wars, Superman, Jaws, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Jurassic Park, and the first three Harry Potter movies. His richly thematic and highly popular 1977 score to the first Star Wars film was selected in 2005 by the American Film Institute as the greatest American movie score of all time. In that list of 25, he had Star Wars and two others. So far, five of his film scores have won Oscars.

He worked with the best HW crew like :George Lucas,Steven Spielberg,Frank Marshall and etc..John also has composed the official theme for four of the Olympic Games held in the last 26 years.

About what he composed ,i like Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones,Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade very much.

crxy.jpg

#2 Siamak

Siamak

Αστροναύτη`

• Members:
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,101 posts
  • Interests:UFOs,Ducati,Real Madrid,Taj Tehran,Shemiran,Antique Auctions,Politic,Stars

Posted 09 October 2006 - 01:33 PM

"The 4400" (2004-05) Season I,II

Posted Image

Posted Image

Series like this,original expositions, intelligent developments and impeccable invoice, are those that have done of the television developed audio-visual means more of the decade, offering more and more and better products. Its rate much more is calmed that the one of other series of similar cut (drama with I touch supernatural) like "" Lost "Alias" or), with whose levels of tension "The 4400" it cannot compete. The style, so to speak, is less visceral and more intellectual. Nevertheless, on the contrary that those, "The 4400" is not scared to exhaust its formula, and the plots are kept awake to an appropriate rate. The end of this first season lets new mysteries solve, as it could not less be, but offers definitive answers to some of the basic questions of the series; answers sufficient to close a block and power to consider it, altogether, almost like a great episode pilot of which we hoped will be wonderful a second season. A lesson from which J. J. Abrams would have to take good note.

But about the second season i must to say ,Terrible script...!!! The series loses force in his second season. The idea is "original" within which it fits and the form to finish both seasons for dejarte wishing to see the following one is good. Let me say that at the end of each one of them one keeps awake enough to retake the interest by the series.

My rate is 7.00/10 for both seasons.

crxy.jpg

#3 Siamak

Siamak

Αστροναύτη`

• Members:
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,101 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 07:23 AM

"The West Wing" (1999) [TV-Series 1999-2006]

Posted Image

It is a toon of which it is in fact the white house. In the series the president is a great type that keeps awake no longer single by the citizens of its wonderful country but also by the poor that we do not have the luck to live in that terrenal paradise which they are the America. that it is based on the era Clinton. One more yankie to the height of other per them like C.S.I. or Urgencies, etc. that assumes that they want to give a real image of which happen in a hospital or in the white house and they do not give more than a politically correct image.

My rate is 7.40/10 .

crxy.jpg

#4 Siamak

Siamak

Αστροναύτη`

• Members:
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,101 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 06:44 AM

"Medium" (2005) Season I

Posted Image

For the most part, however, the creators have found a happy medium with "Medium," in which Patricia Arquette is a Phoenix psychic who works as a consultant to a district attorney. Her character not only has to keep a low profile with the press, but also has to help the law enforcers find legal justifications to act on her visions. In "Medium: The First Season," from Paramount (retail $54.99), she also has to master what her powers are, and overcome the mistakes that are caused when the present and the future are mixed together in what she sees. Additionally, she has a family, with two young daughters whose powers are just beginning to interfere with their emotional development. The family sequences have a refreshing verisimilitude.

The finale, "When Push Comes to Shove Part I," is a cliffhanger involving the search for a serial killer, and a character from an earlier episode suffering from a serious ailment. Along with 7 minutes of bloopers and three TV commercials, the final platter also contains 74 minutes of good production documentaries, including a lengthy interview with the person Arquette's character is based upon--the character retains her name and much of her family details--Alison DuBois. DuBois spins a game tale about being able to see and speak with dead people, and being able to read the thoughts of those around her--the filmmakers certainly buy into the idea--and her collaboration with the show and the DVD definitely adds a level of interest to the program. "I just want people to sit back and enjoy it, and not get caught up in the details of what's real and what's not real."

My Rate Is 8.00/10

crxy.jpg

#5 Siamak

Siamak

Αστροναύτη`

• Members:
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,101 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 12:27 PM

About Mickey Rourke , an actor favourite of mine !

Rourke's performance in the film The Pope of Greenwich Village alongside Darryl Hannah and Eric Roberts caught the attention of critics. While the film was a box office flop during its initial release, the film has become a minor cult hit. Actor Johnny Depp calls it "perfect cinema" and HBO's Entourage has praised it. Rourke has said that the film is his favorite movie, and both Hannah and Roberts have cited it as a highlight of their careers.

Posted Image

In the mid-1980s, Rourke won more leading roles. His role alongside Kim Basinger in the controversial, sexually-themed box-office hit 9½ Weeks helped to give him "sex symbol" status. He gained some critical praise for his work in Barfly as the alcoholic writer Charles Bukowski, and in the Oliver Stone-penned Year of the Dragon. Some critics consider his finest performance to be in the 1987 movie Angel Heart, Alan Parker's film, which became controversial for a sex scene involving Cosby Show cast member Lisa Bonet. Although some of Rourke's work was seen as controversial in the US, he was well-received by French audiences, who loved the "rumpled, slightly dirty, sordid...rebel persona" (source: Hollywood.com article on Rourke) that he projected in Year of the Dragon, 9 1/2 Weeks, Angel Heart, and Desperate Hours.

Posted Image

In the late 1980s, Rourke also performed with musician David Bowie on the Never Let Me Down album, and wrote his first screenplay, Homeboy, a boxing tale in which he also starred. In 1991 he starred in the action film Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man as Harley Davidson, a biker whose best friend, Marlboro, is played by Miami Vice star Don Johnson). Even though it was a box office bomb, today it has achieved some level of popularity.

In the early 1990s, Quentin Tarantino offered Rourke the part of Butch Coolidge in Pulp Fiction. Rourke refused, and the role eventually was offered to Matt Dillon and Sylvester Stallone, before Bruce Willis invested in the film and was given the part.

After his retirement from boxing, Rourke did accept brief roles in several 1990s films, including John Grisham's The Rainmaker, Vincent Gallo's Buffalo '66, Steve Buscemi's Animal Factory and Sylvester Stallone's remake of Get Carter. While Rourke was also selected for a significant role in Terrence Malick's The Thin Red Line, Rourke's part ended up on the editing room floor. Rourke also played a small part in a cult classic entitled Thursday, in which he plays a crooked cop (along with his usual cool and calm routine).

Beginning in 2000, Rourke took the role of The Cook in Jonas Åkerlund's Spun, which became a cult hit amongst Generation X audiences. In Spun, Rourke was teamed up once again with his Pope of Greenwich Village co-star Eric Roberts and his performance in Spun is considered the highlight of the film by many critics.

His first collaborations with directors Robert Rodriguez and Tony Scott in Once Upon a Time in Mexico and Man on Fire, were for smaller roles. Nonetheless, these directors subsequently decided to cast Rourke in lead roles in their next films.

Posted Image

In 2005, Rourke made his comeback in mainstream Hollywood circles with a lead role (Marv) in Robert Rodriguez's adaptation of Frank Miller's Sin City. Rourke received awards from the Chicago Film Critics Association, the IFTA and the Online Film Critics Society, as well as "Man of the Year" from Total Film magazine that year. Rourke followed Sin City with a supporting role in Tony Scott's Domino alongside Keira Knightley. Rourke's time in the early 1990s with Hell's Angels and Tupac Shakur and his stint as a boxer gave him a gritty, street-wise credibility in his role as a bounty hunter.

I like him.. He's the man, from Old generation. hard and good actor !

crxy.jpg

#6 lolita37

lolita37

Nice to be back :)

• Members:
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,633 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 12:52 PM

i also very much enjoy rourkes actinmg, my fave maybe predictably being sin city and also desperate hours but i think hes a rare talent who can mix a raw emotional performance with a sturdy physical performance.
although i have to say i am not a fan of his new found love for cosmetic surgery.
chi bood o chi shod: Posted Image

#7 Siamak

Siamak

Αστροναύτη`

• Members:
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,101 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 01:23 PM

Too much, alcohol,drug ,(hard sex) and bad action in boxing + 1 stop cardiac !!! is normal for Mickey Rourke :D .

crxy.jpg

#8 lolita37

lolita37

• Members:
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,633 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 01:27 PM

oh well i cant wait till sin city 2! although im unsure as to his role? hmmm :huh:

#9 Siamak

Siamak

Αστροναύτη`

• Members:
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,101 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 01:30 PM

oh well i cant wait till sin city 2! although im unsure as to his role? hmmm :huh:

we must wait for couple mounths for knowin' that milady :) .

crxy.jpg

#10 lolita37

lolita37

• Members:
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,633 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 01:57 PM

Cant wait! :DD

#11 Siamak

Siamak

Αστροναύτη`

• Members:
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,101 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 09:47 AM

Into the Mirror 2005

Made In S Korea (18+)

Posted Image

That facet alone would make for a meaty film; the main problem here is a desire to cram in too many other, unnecessary elements that are dealt with in detail. Young-Min turns out to have left the police force after an incident involving...yep, you guessed it, a mirror, leading to the death of his partner. [You just know something similar will crop up in the climax!] There's also a takeover looming for the company, and elements like these divert from what would be a creepy story, draining the suspense and energy effortlessly built up in the opening half-hour through some simple, yet chilling, effects. At 113 minutes, it simply runs too long, and I'm in two minds whether the final twist is brilliant, like something from Lewis Carroll, or the most pointless scenario swerve in a long time. Guess I'll need to, er, reflect on that for a bit.

My Rate Is 7.00/10

crxy.jpg

#12 Siamak

Siamak

Αστροναύτη`

• Members:
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,101 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 06:11 AM

"Invasion" (2005) Season I DVD

Posted Image

Like a lot of contemporary TV shows (think Lost ), Invasion doesn’t consist of standalone episodes since it contains one narrative thread throughout. In that sense it is actually better suited to the DVD format than television broadcasts since you can simply slot in the next disc in the collection instead of waiting till next week’s episode to find out what happens next.

Posted Image

Sure, Invasion isn’t particularly original – after all, it’s Invasion of the Body Snatchers but with a modern X-Files sensibility (the army is also snooping about,,LOL), but the series throws up some interesting plot developments that will intrigue dedicated science fiction fans. Also, the series benefits from some effective post-disaster swamp land locations, decent acting and plot ambiguity as viewers are supplied more clues.

My Rate Is : 7.00/10 For Season I

crxy.jpg

#13 Siamak

Siamak

Αστροναύτη`

• Members:
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,101 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 01:20 PM

Posted Image

About Yul... The Best Actor of 1950-65.. R.I.P

Posted Image

The another hard man,sex symbol.West King ! Made "Top 10 stars of the year", twice. 1957, 1958.

My favourite movies by him are :

The King and I

The Ten Commandments

The Brothers Karamazov

Anastasia

Taras Bulba

The Magnificent Seven

Westworld

*The King and I [Original, Musical, Comedy, Drama]

..and also, He appears in drag in an unbilled role in the Peter Sellers comedy The Magic Christian.

Posted Image

crxy.jpg

#14 Siamak

Siamak

Αστροναύτη`

• Members:
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,101 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 06:20 AM

"Desperate Housewives" (2004) First Season

Posted Image

Desperate Housewives isn't the best new show of the year (I would probably give that honor to Lost), but it is worth watching. It's a throwback to the old night-time soaps which I grew up with, spiced with a dash of Twin Peaks-esque mystery. The characters can be annoying at times, but the evolving storylines make it worth the effort.

Desperate Housewives is all about contrasting light and darkness, and this comes across very well on this transfer. The bright, pastel colors look fantastic, while the dark scenes are never too dark. The transfer shows a hint of artifacting, but it's not distracting. The DVD carries a Dolby Digital 5.1 audio track which provides clear dialogue and sound effects. This track shows no distortion and there are no problems with the dynamic range. The music sounds very good here. While the surround sound effects aren't constant, when they do arrive, especially sounds like a barking dog, they work very well.

Once again, a mystery element in a soap is nothing new (Remember "Who shot J.R.?"), but it's the backbone of this show. The death of Mary Alice is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the questions on Wisteria Lane, as the shows introduces a beguiling array of mysteries which overlap and intertwine. As the season opens, the storylines seem very distant, but by the end, many of the inscrutable elements of the show have come together.

The show is very tricky, as it often introduces a new question or brings a new piece of the puzzle at the end of an episode, nudging the viewer to keep watching. In this respect, Desperate Housewives is very similar to Lost -- while the basic story may seem very familiar, the mystery elements make the shows addictive and keep the viewer glued to the set. While Lost skews more to the realm of science-fiction, the mysterious elements of Desperate Housewives are just as important and they truly make the show worth watching. The various storylines also contain a huge amount of karmic lessons -- each action on this show leads to some sort of reaction. It's often amazing to see the characters get a comeuppance for something which they'd done in the past.

My Rate Is : 7.80/10 For Season I

crxy.jpg

#15 lolita37

lolita37

• Members:
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,633 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 10:20 AM

Quills
Certificate:18
Released: Jan 2000
Starring: Geoffrey Rush, Kate Winslet, Joaquin Phoenix, Michael Caine.
Director: Phillip Kaufman

This is a truly beautiful and thought provoking movie.

Posted Image

Set in the time of the Marquis DeSade (Geoffry Rush) and during the publication of his infamous books and his subsequent imprisonment at the Charanton Insane Asylum run by a young new Abbe (Joaquin Phoenix) and the sadistic and ambitious Dr. Royer-Collard (Micheal Caine).Here he causes chaos with the help of a young maid Maddy (Kate Winslet) which lead to a serious of hilarious and consequently disastrous events.

Geoffry Rush very deservingly got himself another Oscar nomination for his portrayal of the Marquis DeSade but for me it was Joaquin Phoenix and Kate Winslet who steal the show, deeply involving the audience in their hidden love for each other, Phoenix taking the audience on his painful journey both with his struggle for his feelings for Madeline and his respect for the Marquis. Caine also gives a wonderful performance, personifying evil beautifully to the screen to a point of actual applause by the audience when he gets his come-uppence.

Regardless of Rush's nomination (which was over swept), a truly star-studded cast and raving reviews by the critics this film didnt receive box office attention and to me remains an underestimated masterpiece of our time.

My rating: 9/10

#16 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 10:48 AM

one of my absolute faves!

“Everything interests me, but nothing holds me.” — Fernando Pessoa

#17 lolita37

lolita37

• Members:
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,633 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 10:52 AM

one of my absolute faves!

LOL mine too...Quills and the secretary are the most lent out DVDs from my collection! Secretary review is my next! gotta represent! :DD

#18 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 10:56 AM

mine too though i NEVER lend out any movie or cd or book!lol

“Everything interests me, but nothing holds me.” — Fernando Pessoa

#19 lolita37

lolita37

• Members:
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,633 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 10:58 AM

mine too though i NEVER lend out any movie or cd or book!lol

i do as i want to spread the love...plus if anything happens to them that persons knows their in deeeeeeeeep s**t! :diablo:

#20 Siamak

Siamak

Αστροναύτη`

• Members:
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,101 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 12:18 PM

My Opinion about Quills .

Much too often Sade has been compared to a vulgar pornographer. The man was a libertine whose escapades, more than the books, were at the origin of his contentions with justice. His works are certainly salty, but his writing is rich and gleaming while his books still harbor a philosophical dimension. His work is above all a reflection of the decadence of the nobility and society of his time. The man assumes his perversity, but especially airs out the vices of his peers. He reveals what hides behind the apparent propriety of the nobility and the court. Hence the success of his books with common people and the danger he represents for those in power.

European cinema tries to make one of the last taboos fall in the name of realism, real sex onscreen, and that the puritan and senile American MPAA does not hesitate in cutting the work of major directors, allowing the propagation of lobotomized cinema, the message of Phillip Kaufman is clear: the right to the freedom of expression is an inalienable right regardless of the nature of the contents.

My rate Is :8.40/10 for it.

crxy.jpg

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users