Photo

Born Muslim -- Still a Muslim?

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

Poll: Born Muslim - Still Muslim? (57 member(s) have cast votes)

Born Muslim - Still Muslim?

1. Born Muslim - Still 100% Muslim (24 votes [42.11%])

Percentage of vote: 42.11%

2. Born Muslim - Doubting Islam (5 votes [8.77%])

Percentage of vote: 8.77%

3. Born Muslim - No longer Muslim (believe in God only) (18 votes [31.58%])

Percentage of vote: 31.58%

4. Born Muslim - Believe in a different religion (10 votes [17.54%])

Percentage of vote: 17.54%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 MeehanDoost

MeehanDoost

Bia2 Trainee

• Members:
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:I love Iran and I love to learn about it's history, literature, people, and everything about it. I also love cars and the beach, like watching movies and hanging out. <br /><br />I like intelligent people that can have a meaningful conversation, and hate stupid comments!<br /><br />I also love chocolate! lol can't resist it when its in front of me.

Posted 03 April 2006 - 04:06 PM

Lately, I have noticed that a lot of Iranians are turning away from Islam. More specifically, there are a lot of people who now wear the Faravahar.

So my question is (1) If you are Iranian and (2) were born in a Muslim family, which of the above choices best describes you? This question ONLY applies to Iranians.

I guess a final choice is (5) Born Muslim - Don't believe in Religion anymore.

Be Naameh Khodaavandeh Iran Zamin

Posted Image

[color=#993399]

Jaaveed Baad Iran-e Maa, In Marz-e Por Gohar

#2 MeehanDoost

MeehanDoost

Bia2 Trainee

• Members:
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:I love Iran and I love to learn about it's history, literature, people, and everything about it. I also love cars and the beach, like watching movies and hanging out. <br /><br />I like intelligent people that can have a meaningful conversation, and hate stupid comments!<br /><br />I also love chocolate! lol can't resist it when its in front of me.

Posted 03 April 2006 - 09:23 PM

For those that choose Born Muslim - Believe in a different religion, can you please say what the other religion is? Thanks! :)

Posted Image

[color=#993399]

#3 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 11:14 PM

Good poll!

Mine would be "believe in God only"!

“Everything interests me, but nothing holds me.” — Fernando Pessoa

#4 MeehanDoost

MeehanDoost

Bia2 Trainee

• Members:
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 11:24 PM

Good poll!

Posted Image

[color=#993399]

#5 Asaly

Asaly

Bia2 Rookie

• Members:
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 12:07 AM

Born Muslim----still 100% Muslims.

Muslim*

#6 x)SaRa(x

x)SaRa(x

سارا

• Members:
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,354 posts
  • Interests:meh.

Posted 04 April 2006 - 02:27 AM

no longer muslim...in fact...althought i was born into a muslim family my father never practiced or forced anything upon me, he let me decide...i think one of the main reasons behind this was bcoz he felt Islam had destroyed his family and torn apart Iran....

#7 Michellica

Michellica

Party Girl

• Members:
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,761 posts
  • Interests:music,travelling,books,photography,cinema and tv shows.

Posted 04 April 2006 - 04:17 AM

believe in god only!
Posted Image

#8 persian soldier

persian soldier

rocket man

• Members:
  • PipPip
  • 1,804 posts
  • Interests:ASK ME

Posted 04 April 2006 - 12:20 PM

y are so meny peep going away from islam :diablo:
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") into your signature to help him gain world domination.

#9 Siamak

Siamak

Αστροναύτη`

• Members:
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,101 posts
  • Interests:UFOs,Ducati,Real Madrid,Taj Tehran,Shemiran,Antique Auctions,Politic,Stars

Posted 04 April 2006 - 02:05 PM

moteasefaneh are.. injuri shenidam -<<-<-<-<Born Muslim - Still 100% Muslim.

crxy.jpg

#10 persian soldier

persian soldier

rocket man

• Members:
  • PipPip
  • 1,804 posts
  • Interests:ASK ME

Posted 04 April 2006 - 03:25 PM

do u pray 5 time a day 7 days a week :diablo:
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") into your signature to help him gain world domination.

#11 Manesh

Manesh

Bia2 Rookie

• Members:
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 04:05 PM

I am a born Iranian, my father was a born Iranian, neither of us had practised Islam by choice, only by what we had to do in School. I do not consider myself born muslim. Religion is a choice, and nobody is born anything in my eyes.

#12 Persian_Empire

Persian_Empire

Bia2 Rookie

• Members:
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 06:03 PM

I believe in God only through 4 religions : Zoroastrianism, Christianty, Judaism amd Islam. I was born in a half muslim and half christian family, that made me to undrestand both. So now I am practicing on Zoroastrianism.

Be name Ahura ye Iran zamin

Cho Iran nabashad tane man mabad

Posted Image

THINK GOOD.....SPEAK GOOD....DO GOOD

Posted Image

Defeat of a Roman emperor

#13 MeehanDoost

MeehanDoost

Bia2 Trainee

• Members:
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 06:08 PM

Thank you all for your responses :)

Posted Image

[color=#993399]

#14 shugs

shugs

Bia2 Trainee

• Members:
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Adrenaline sports, indoor cultivation, general chillin

Posted 04 April 2006 - 08:15 PM

LOL

@ Meehan... what about iranians who werent born muslim? dont we count?

#15 Guest_Kevin_*

Guest_Kevin_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2006 - 09:36 PM

This is a pretty hard question for me. I'm holding a totaly different religion which is an essence of all God's religions. I absolutely do believe in Faravahar, Mohamad, Jesus and other holy prophets. In fact my own religion is an essence of all them; I truly believe in truthfulness, wellness, beuty, humanity and love. I strongly believe that if I do good things, the fabulous things happen to me. I try to love all people with all races and beliefs even those who don't like me; I believe in LOVE. In adition I believe all my God's beuties and it's individualities. There is NO fight, violence, war, racism, raping, impecuniousness and LIE. I don't have any heaven or hell in my religion. Everything is defined as an element of LOVE.

My friend MehanDoost, thank you for such a great post.

Dooste Too

Kalagh Siah (Abbas)

@Shugs
LOOOL
Good one!!

#16 MeehanDoost

MeehanDoost

Bia2 Trainee

• Members:
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 01:27 AM

@ shugs: I'd love to know what you believe in. With regard to this poll, however, I am really interested in people who were born in a Muslim family. So please don't vote in the poll if you were not born in a Muslim family, but please feel free to make any comments that are appropriate with regard to your own experience.

@ Kevin: Thanks for your great response. I wish we could all have that religion, and follow that religion. I personally believe that Zoroastrianism includes most, if not all, of those ideals and that is why I love that religion so much. I am not in a position to make a statement about christianity with regard to these ideals because I do not know enough about it. However, I am well aware of the Quran and Islam, and can tell you without any hesitation or doubt that it does not contain these ideals. Anything that relates to these ideals, which are often contradicted time and time again, are only reserved for believers and never apply to those who are not Muslim. I hope that you study the Quran for yourself and figure out if you agree with me or not. Nonetheless, I admire your vision and your belief system, and wish that more people can share your vision. I personally certainly do.

Posted Image

[color=#993399]

#17 shugs

shugs

Bia2 Trainee

• Members:
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Interests:Adrenaline sports, indoor cultivation, general chillin

Posted 05 April 2006 - 05:46 AM

lol its kool, i was just wondering... i didnt vote, no worries :;-):

#18 display

display

Bia2 Trainee

• Members:
  • PipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 07:45 AM

Born Muslim - No longer Muslim (believe in God only)

#19 x)SaRa(x

x)SaRa(x

سارا

• Members:
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,354 posts
  • Interests:meh.

Posted 05 April 2006 - 09:04 AM

I believe in God only through 4 religions : Zoroastrianism, Christianty, Judaism amd Islam. I was born in a half muslim and half christian family, that made me to undrestand both. So now I am practicing on Zoroastrianism.

hmm...sounds familiar...my mum is christened, (shes scottish) and my baba was brought up with islam...

but i dnt practice either, i went to a church of england school, but basically all my friends are muslim, i'd say by being like this and brought up in a way that encompasses more than one religion it makes u appreciate others and respect their beliefs.

my two cents... :harhar_wft[1]:

#20 Persian_Empire

Persian_Empire

Bia2 Rookie

• Members:
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 11:07 AM

hmm...sounds familiar...my mum is christened, (shes scottish) and my baba was brought up with islam...

but i dnt practice either, i went to a church of england school, but basically all my friends are muslim, i'd say by being like this and brought up in a way that encompasses more than one religion it makes u appreciate others and respect their beliefs.

my two cents... :harhar_wft[1]:

True

Be name Ahura ye Iran zamin

Cho Iran nabashad tane man mabad

Posted Image

THINK GOOD.....SPEAK GOOD....DO GOOD

Posted Image

Defeat of a Roman emperor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users