Photo

What does it take to get a recording deal?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 farnaz

farnaz

Bia2 Rookie

• Members:
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 05:18 PM

Well, Aslan jan, good luck to you son! :) I am looking forward to hearing more from you and to see who you chose at the end for the arrangements and lyrics.

Btw keano, I am deeply regretful and repentent to put all your hopes down the drain babe :damn: :harhar_wft[1]:

#42 nikikhanoom

nikikhanoom

Bia2 Addict

• Members:
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,162 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 08:34 PM

i don't want to become a singer but a dance choreographer for iranian music videos :dance_baby_wft: :haha:

TRIPPLE U SHUD GO FOR BOTH!! singing and dancing!!!

Well, Aslan jan, good luck to you son! :) I am looking forward to hearing more from you and to see who you chose at the end for the arrangements and lyrics.

Btw keano, I am deeply regretful and repentent to put all your hopes down the drain babe :damn: :harhar_wft[1]:

LMAO!!

why did u make ur name farnaz????? lmao

Edited by nikikhanoom, 08 November 2005 - 08:34 PM.

#43 Keano

Keano

***The Devilish King***

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,576 posts
  • Interests:Music,Soccer, Hocky, Gorgeous girls, Sex, Movies, Candle lights, romance, Tennis, Nature, Camping, Playstation and X Box and...

Posted 09 November 2005 - 02:34 AM

Aslan!

Kahoo's manager (Pedram) has recently taken over the job and he is right about Mr. Siam, as he mentioned to you Mr. Siam ain't making a dime off of this (As of yet) however the future looks bright! nevertheless he has done all these because of the love he has for the brothers, he (Mr. Siam) is the most genuine person I have ever seen in Iranian market, he has a big heart.

About Sepideh, she is not really being fully backed by him to be exact. There are a few friends of the bros and people that he likes whom might be part of the package in the near future (Nothing definite yet!). And yeah, as far as I know many people (Being the older generation singers, or the new ones) have tried to get a hold of him and join the team, although he has always been very picky about this matter, to my knowledge for him dignity and personality comes first and of course followed by talent!!!

Have you ever been on a formal/authentic stage? I mean have you ever performed live in front of a big audience (Say more than a couple of hunder people)??? If your answer is no, then my advice to you is just get on it as soon as you can, cuz it's just ironic for me to see a new artist in the market who has never been on the stage in his life!!!

You ought to start off from your town, and test yourself and see the feedback from the audience. Go sing in Perspolis or anyt other possible stage, take this from me bro!!! You need a lot of confidence!!!

If Ramin told you that your vocal is still raw, then take it from him and start working on it! sing like 2-3 hours a day, vocal coaches are the best for your voice!!!

Your vocal range is 4 octaves????
Who said that??? It's just non snese!!! Are we talking about full voice? If yes then I can guarantee over my life that it's untrue!!! it's impossible for a beginner who has been told by to musicians that his voice is napokhteh to have a 4 octave vocal range!!! (I am not saying that you're lying, all I am saying is that you've been missinformed bro), unless Falsetto range was included within which is still a great range!

The cheapest is not always the best answer, so make sure the lyrics you're buying are at first strong and meaninful, then think about the cost effectiveness of it. as I said, in Iran there are a lot of talented lyricist, so take your time to find the best!

Make sure that you're not just after big names! some big names might be outdates as well!

If you're an immitator, then let me congratulate your failure in advance!

Don't get me wrong, I am just being frank and honest!

keano405.png

#44 Aslan

Aslan

Bia2 Rookie

• Members:
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 03:51 AM

Keano Jan;

Thanks for your reply.

You are right aziz; Falsetto was included in the 4 octave range; I have a performance range of around 2.5 octaves. Currently I am working with this teacher to improve the blending of chest voice and head voice, minimizing the break between them in order to get closer to a full sounding and avoid upsetting my voice.

As for singing experience, well no I don't have the experience to sing in front of a big crowd. Due to my social activities, I've been on stage many times having big crowds (from 100 to 1000) in front of me, but I was not singing, I was talking and giving boring lectures!!! lool…. Anyhow, I am considering doing the singing in a restaurant or something since I also believe it's important to have a singing experience on stage in front of a crowd and get their feedback and reaction etc...

As for the cheaper way to produce an album, I didn't mean that I want to go for the cheapest way possible; what I meant was that their prices are more reasonable than the people here. I am not going after name either, I mentioned Yaghma since I like some of his lyrics and I can connect to them; however, I've got poems from many unknown talents as well and I am looking into all of them.

Thanks again for your reply. Looking forward to hear from you again

Aslan,

I know Yaghma Golrooyee cousin, I will ask my cousin to get his email address if he can :gentleman_in_wft[1]:

Ramon Jan,

It would be great if you could do this for me. I really appriciate it :) Thanks

Posted Image

#45 DoKhTaR_TeHrAnI

DoKhTaR_TeHrAnI

Bia2 Addict

• Members:
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 01:57 PM

HAHA IM GOING TO BE A SINGER.... :DD

#46 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 03:52 PM

OH U R GOING TO BE A STAR!!!! :D

“Everything interests me, but nothing holds me.” — Fernando Pessoa

#47 DoKhTaR_TeHrAnI

DoKhTaR_TeHrAnI

Bia2 Addict

• Members:
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 04:23 PM

OH U R GOING TO BE A STAR!!!! :D

LOOOOL Pourya jaan ur so confident about it...lol

#48 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 04:46 AM

of course i am! :D :ad

#49 DoKhTaR_TeHrAnI

DoKhTaR_TeHrAnI

Bia2 Addict

• Members:
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,550 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 02:26 AM

of course i am! :D :ad

lol

#50 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:27 PM

One of the interesting discussions of the forum!

Aslan, hope you are well and happy doing what you love, wherever you are my friend! 

#51 Keano

Keano

***The Devilish King***

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,576 posts
  • Interests:Music,Soccer, Hocky, Gorgeous girls, Sex, Movies, Candle lights, romance, Tennis, Nature, Camping, Playstation and X Box and...

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:57 PM

OMG I just realized this is an 8 year old discussion we had, and it felt like 3-4 years ago. Wow I am speechless!

keano405.png

#52 kmezzi

kmezzi

Bia2 Rookie

• Members:
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:53 PM

I'd like to become one as well. As of this post I'm currently 17. I've done multiple concerts/events so I have stage experience. My biggest crowd was the musical Hairspray with 750 people attending that show. I don't really know Farsi, can emulate it however. I'm a great singer, good sax player, and plan on starting out by making my own songs completely without spending a dime on lyrics, compositions, arrangements, but mixing and the one hour in a recording studio would help. I really don't care which label I get per se. My main goal is to have at least one memorable single that Bia2 or RadioJavan will play :) any extra tips here?

Edited by kmezzi, 31 May 2014 - 07:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users