Photo

IRAN or PERSIA?

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

Poll: Iran or Persia? (6 member(s) have cast votes)

What name suits our country the best?

1. Yes, I fully support Iran as the official name of our country (5 votes [83.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 83.33%

2. Yes, I am totally with Persia as the official name of our country (1 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 Ava_T

Ava_T

Bia2 Trainee

• Members:
  • PipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 10:39 AM

It's Iran. We always referred to Iran as Iran and never as Persia! Persia is what other nations named us, therefore not the real name of our country.

I can't stand it when people say 'oh i'm persian'....i'm sorry? what?
Iran and Iranian are NOT dirty words for me. It's a shame some Iranians feel it to be so. I blame it on the Western media, but regardless of what the media says and whether you agree with your country's government of not, you should always be proud of where you come from.

#122 Keano

Keano

***The Devilish King***

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,578 posts
  • Interests:Music,Soccer, Hocky, Gorgeous girls, Sex, Movies, Candle lights, romance, Tennis, Nature, Camping, Playstation and X Box and...

Posted 22 October 2009 - 02:48 AM

It's very simple, in a very east to understand language Persian is an ethnicity, while Iranian is nationality, we have a huge variety of different ethnicities in Iran and it's quite unfar to call the entire nation "Persian" , this may one day divide our country!

BTW I just added a poll to this thread!

keano405.png

#123 Siamak

Siamak

Αστροναύτη`

• Members:
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,101 posts
  • Interests:UFOs,Ducati,Real Madrid,Taj Tehran,Shemiran,Antique Auctions,Politic,Stars

Posted 22 October 2009 - 03:29 AM

Man fekr nakonam digeh esm-e Persia bekhad kasi bezare ruye Iran ! vali who knows ...

I voted for : Yes, I fully support Iran as the official name of our country .

Thank you Mr King :) .

crxy.jpg

#124 EfNiK_BoY

EfNiK_BoY

Bia2 Rookie

• Members:
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:54 PM

It's Iran. We always referred to Iran as Iran and never as Persia! Persia is what other nations named us, therefore not the real name of our country.

I can't stand it when people say 'oh i'm persian'....i'm sorry? what?
Iran and Iranian are NOT dirty words for me. It's a shame some Iranians feel it to be so. I blame it on the Western media, but regardless of what the media says and whether you agree with your country's government of not, you should always be proud of where you come from.

Well said

#125 @li;x

@li;x

Bia2 Trainee

• Members:
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Interests:Soccer,Biliard,Music....

Posted 28 May 2010 - 05:46 PM

I like Persia because some people confuse Iran witch Irak
Rules: 1.I make the rules
2.You respect it
Posted Image

#126 iranian_rebel

iranian_rebel

former persian_soldier

• Members:
  • PipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:errrr well i lov music and i mean all music rock rap and persian music 2 i also like history alot and most the qajar dinasty in iran i real like sports like swimming and long distence running i find engnering very intresting and am amazed when i see some thing and i don't no how it works but don't sit there and wonder i soon take i a part i love wrighting in farsi and all song in farsi oh and also like skiing

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:41 PM

It's very simple, in a very east to understand language Persian is an ethnicity, while Iranian is nationality, we have a huge variety of different ethnicities in Iran and it's quite unfar to call the entire nation "Persian" , this may one day divide our country!

BTW I just added a poll to this thread!

couldn't agree more those who want to call it Persia are nothing but chauvinists :diablo:
Posted Image

#127 iranian_rebel

iranian_rebel

former persian_soldier

• Members:
  • PipPip
  • 590 posts
  • Interests:errrr well i lov music and i mean all music rock rap and persian music 2 i also like history alot and most the qajar dinasty in iran i real like sports like swimming and long distence running i find engnering very intresting and am amazed when i see some thing and i don't no how it works but don't sit there and wonder i soon take i a part i love wrighting in farsi and all song in farsi oh and also like skiing

Posted 08 June 2010 - 03:42 PM

I like Persia because some people confuse Iran witch Irak

but thats such a superficial reason :diablo:
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users