• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 Siamak

Siamak

Αστροναύτη`

• Members:
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,101 posts
  • Interests:UFOs,Ducati,Real Madrid,Taj Tehran,Shemiran,Antique Auctions,Politic,Stars

Posted 08 January 2008 - 12:51 PM

Neither censors nor "Orientalist" stereotypes have dampened demand for the cartoon adventures of Belgian boy reporter Tintin, who has stoked the imagination of generations of Arabs from the Atlantic to the Gulf.

Created in the middle years of the 20th century, Tintin spent more time in the Arab world than anywhere else, in four books: "Cigars of the Pharaoh," "The Crab with the Golden Claws," "Land of Black Gold" and "The Red Sea Sharks."

"It's extraordinary that Tintin came here so many times and still has so many friends," according to Tunisian academic Issam Marzouki.

Opium smuggling, the scramble for Middle Eastern oil, the slave trade and more were all sources of adventure and -- to this day -- controversial storylines for Tintin's Belgian creator, the illustrator Herge.

"Reading Tintin when I was a child was like seeing yourself in a magical but distorting mirror," said Marzouki, insisting that "Herge's way of looking at the Arabs kept on evolving, renewing itself."

But the end of the relationship a year ago between Belgian publishing giant Casterman and Egyptian publisher Dar al-Maaref, which had the right to print Tintin in Arabic for 30 years, means the daring reporter with the trademark quiff is no longer available in Arabic.

"Being absent from the Arab world is most regrettable when you think that Tintin is translated into 80 languages around the world," Casterman's head of international publishing, Willy Fadeur, told AFP by telephone from Brussels.

"We couldn't continue with... alternating black and white and colour pages," he said.

Dar al-Maaref declined to comment on the end of the relationship.

Nevertheless, in this centenary year of Herge's birth, the Arab world still reads Tintin in English and French, apparently ignoring the charges of racism and colonialism levelled at the books in Europe and Africa.

"Cliches and stereotypes, sure, but nothing harmful, and Herge refined his view of the Arabs throughout the series... as well as his use of written and spoken Arabic," said Marzouki. "But the adventure is the most important thing."

Tintin and his faithful dog Snowy find plenty of adventures in exotic deserts, with angry Bedouins, oases and mirages that lead his some-time companions Captain Haddock and the Thompson twins into increasingly bizarre misadventures.

Tintin first travelled to the Middle East in "Cigars of the Pharaoh" in 1934.

The book made the most of the Egyptomania sweeping Europe at the time following the discovery of Tutankhamun's tomb, set against the background of the Arab revolt at the end of the Ottoman empire.

In 1941's "The Crab with the Golden Claws," Tintin travelled to French-protectorate Morocco to uncover drug traffickers before going to the Arabian peninsula in "Land of Black Gold," one of Herge's most heavily revised books.

That adventure, printed in 1950, sees Tintin travel through British-mandated Palestine where Jewish and Arab nationalists are fighting each other.

Tintin ends up being mistakenly captured by militants from both sides, although a new edition published in 1970 removed that episode.

Instead, the intrepid Tintin now travels straight to the imaginary land of Khemed (Saudi Arabia) where British and German oil companies scheme and squabble to take control of the natural resources.

"And that's where we see Herge attacking Western interference, just as he showed his humanist vision against slavery in "The Red Sea Sharks," Lebanese academic Sophie Nicolaides-Salloum told AFP.

The 1958 book sees Tintin smash a slave-trafficking ring under cover of the Muslim pilgrimage to Mecca in Saudi Arabia set against the rivalry between Prince Ben Kalish Ezab -- a liquorice drink in Brussels dialect -- and the anti-Western Sheikh Bab el-Ehr (babble).

Without giving a reason, Egyptian authorities have now censored the book and forbidden its importation, said Zeina Badran who heads Cairo's biggest Francophone bookshop.

Despite the publishing prohibitions, illegal parodies continue to hit the market, including "Tintin in Lebanon," "Tintin in the Gulf" and most recently "Tintin in Iraq."

crxy.jpg

#42 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:45 PM

Cant wait to see who does the best version!

“Everything interests me, but nothing holds me.” — Fernando Pessoa

#43 Siamak

Siamak

Αστροναύτη`

• Members:
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,101 posts
  • Interests:UFOs,Ducati,Real Madrid,Taj Tehran,Shemiran,Antique Auctions,Politic,Stars

Posted 08 January 2008 - 03:02 PM

Cant wait to see who does the best version!

P jan,Artistic part (Casting,to choose the best story and screenplay and etc..) is more important than cinematographic part ! Honestly i am worry about it (specially when you read about Tintin new Movie in french newspapers!!!!) .. but as 'shoma' said,we should wait !

P.S : P Jackson is working hard...I saw his last interview in Hollywood channel and he just said : You ppl,You Tintin lovers..just wait... :D .

crxy.jpg

#44 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 03:46 PM

casting dar inja faghat "sedast"! chon age bekhan mesle beowulf besazan ke aslan lazem nist soorate to filmesh shabihe honarpishehe bashe!

#45 Siamak

Siamak

Αστροναύτη`

• Members:
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,101 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 04:47 PM

casting dar inja faghat "sedast"! chon age bekhan mesle beowulf besazan ke aslan lazem nist soorate to filmesh shabihe honarpishehe bashe!

Dorost migi !

Bahas mizashtan khode mardom dastane moredeh alaghashun ro began va badan ghoreh keshi konan ! injuri hagh beh hagh dar miresid .

crxy.jpg

#46 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 06:49 PM

Exclusive: Andy Serkis Talks Tintin

We got the chance to catch up with Andy Serkis recently and, when not trying to coerce him into recording Gollum answerphone messages, we spoke to him about his role in the upcoming trilogy Tintin.

Though he's keeping schtum on his actual role (it's strongly rumoured that he'll play Captain Haddock), he did say that he's already started work on the project in New Zealand.

"It was on the Avatar stage," Serkis told us, referring to James Cameron's currently shooting 3D CG sci-fi bonanza. "We had this incredible week. Cameron was there, Peter Jackson was there (who's directing one of the three Tintin films), and Steven Spielberg was there (who's directing another). All in the same room!"

Which means that the film will be using the same technology as Avatar, which shows the characters in their (almost) final form on monitors, even though they're only in lycra body stockings on set. "You're on a bare, empty stage with actors standing around in blue Lycra with dots on, but [on the monitor] the director is looking into a fully rendered, three-dimensional virtual set, with the actors as their characters".

It would be too much to hope that Cameron's involvement at this early stage might mean he'll direct the third film. Wouldn't it?

Obviously, we also had to ask Serkis about the possibility of reprising his role as Gollum for the upcoming Hobbit movie. The character appears briefly in the book, playing a riddle game with Bilbo. Though there's no script and no certainty that he'll be written into it, Serkis says "I think I'd find it very hard to turn down the opportunity to play Gollum again, because he's become very much a part of me. For good or bad, he's still very much there!".

Empire Online

#47 Keano

Keano

***The Devilish King***

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,578 posts
  • Interests:Music,Soccer, Hocky, Gorgeous girls, Sex, Movies, Candle lights, romance, Tennis, Nature, Camping, Playstation and X Box and...

Posted 16 February 2008 - 03:54 AM

Oh wow, I love Tin Tin... I miss reading the books and the cartoons I have watched all episodes like 20 times.

keano405.png

#48 Siamak

Siamak

Αστροναύτη`

• Members:
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,101 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 01:32 PM

another fake/false Tintin !

Posted Image

crxy.jpg

#49 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:18 AM

lol inam az "farang" malome kare irooniast! chand sale pish oon ke too meidoone azadi boodam bahal bood!lol

#50 Siamak

Siamak

Αστροναύτη`

• Members:
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,101 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 05:41 AM

lol inam az "farang" malome kare irooniast! chand sale pish oon ke too meidoone azadi boodam bahal bood!lol

Un ro keh shoma migi, Zartosht Soltani keshideh keh kheili adame bozorgi hast az nazare grafic,un kar ro kardeh bud faghat az lahaz-e caricaturistic nah chize digeh.

In yeki umadeh aslan dastan dorost kardeh az khodesh :punishing_wft: .

crxy.jpg

#51 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 09:12 AM

lol miran thailand faheshe bazi?

#52 Siamak

Siamak

Αστροναύτη`

• Members:
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,101 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 07:08 PM

lol miran thailand faheshe bazi?

Nah.. chand safeh bishtar nadareh,dastan ineh keh vezarate turist thailand donbaleh comic migashteh chand sal pish vaseh tabligheh bishtar ! az tintin estefadeh misheh va chand ta safeh ham naghashi alaki mikonan az manazere thailand vaseh bacheh ha !

Chizi keh man nemifahmam,hamoun copy right hast ! engar nah engar !

Az hameh badtar ineh keh negah kon cheghadar bad keshideh yaru inha ro !!!! :punishing_wft:

crxy.jpg

#53 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 03:03 AM

our boy is 80-years now! :birthday:

http://www.bia2.com/pourya/?p=795

Posted Image

#54 Mahya aka Persian Dutchess

Mahya aka Persian Dutchess

Bia2 Trainee

• Members:
  • PipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 03:29 PM

thanks!

tumblr_lyhe0chW0p1qhfdxro1_500.png

welcometomahya.blogspot.com

#55 Siamak

Siamak

Αστροναύτη`

• Members:
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,101 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:16 PM

Speculation about Peter Jackson's role in the upcoming Tintin movie, Secret of the Unicorn has been put aside by the man himself. According to Stuff, Jackson has confirmed that Steven Spielberg is the lead director on the first Tintin film in Los Angeles, while "he was helping 'beef up' some of the chase scenes and was working on post production at Weta Digital in Wellington." This contradicts many past reports which place Jackson in more of a driver's seat.

Interestingly, Jackson also hinted at the approximate start date of the second film and confirmed the third. According to Jackson, his role as lead director begins next year when the second Tintin film, Red Rackham's Treasure, gets underway. And, in spite of rampant gossip that the third film was going to be scrapped, Jackson said he and Spielberg were still open to co-directing the third and final, as yet unnamed, Tintin film.

crxy.jpg

#56 Siamak

Siamak

Αστροναύτη`

• Members:
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,101 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:17 PM

According to Tintin.com, Moulinsart, the INA, and Radio France are soon to offer an enhanced MP3 version of the early 1960's radio play of Tintin-Aventures Lunaires, which includes the stories Objectif Lune and On a Marché sur la Lune. In total, the trip to the Moon makes for a 6 hour 23 minute audio ride. The CNES/Space Observatory has even gotten involved, providing scientific sound recordings. The original broadcast was played between November 17, 1960 and February 1961.

http://image.examine...mage/mp3(3).jpg

Sadly, for many Tintin fans who do not speak French, there are no plans at the moment to release the audio files in English or other languages. Perhaps if this MP3 release meets with success, others will have a chance to license the play for translation.

crxy.jpg

#57 Siamak

Siamak

Αστροναύτη`

• Members:
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,101 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 05:54 PM

Jamie Bell announces newest post-Tintin project

Jamie Bell, who will play Tintin in the upcoming Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson film, Adventures of TIntin: Secret of the Unicorn, is going to play the lead in an upcoming film about a missing Roman Legion in the Highlands of Scotland. Directed by the young genius Kevin MacDonald, the film is called The Eagle of The Ninth.

Looks like Jamie Bell's star has risen since being cast as the lead in a Spielberg/Jackson project. How could it not, really.

The MacDonald film sounds interesting. It is about a Roman legion that mysteriously disappeared in the Highlands. According to online sources, the casting is not yet complete and MacDonald is looking for cast who can speak Gaelic.

crxy.jpg

#58 Siamak

Siamak

Αστροναύτη`

• Members:
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,101 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 05:56 PM

Peter Jackson and Steven Spielberg Tintin Video

http://www.tintin.com/index.html#.....t.ban2&SSPJ

crxy.jpg

#59 pourya

pourya

pourya@bia2.com

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,970 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 04:21 PM

I am a bit skeptic about the motion capture being suitable for this, I would have rather seen real actor doing the work than animation!

#60 Siamak

Siamak

Αστροναύτη`

• Members:
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,101 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:53 PM

P jan , ashpaz keh 2 ta sheh,ghaza shur misheh ya bi namak ! hala in 2 ta oftadan ruy-e in jaryan ... bebinim chi misheh !

Sal-e digeh tek Tintin festival khahad bud dar Paris ... movie,comics,and etc ... in 2 ta ham mian !

crxy.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users